All about the club
The Calcutta Gymkhana means The Calcutta Gymkhana Tennis Club , which was established in the year - 1930. The club is located at 4/1A, Suhrawardy Avenue, Kolkata – 700017, which is in close proximity to the Park Circus Maidan and Lady Brabourne College. Initially, the club was affiliated with The Bengal Hockey Association, Cricket Association of Bengal and Indian Football Association. During World War II (Sept. 1939 to Sept. 1945), all club activities came to a stop and the lawn and the pavilion were badly damaged. Thereafter, everything had to be started from scratch, with the main activity being tennis only. With great endeavour and against heavy odds, a nursery of tennis was begun and improvements were gradually implemented to enhance the status and the sporting reputation of the club.
“Very homely atmosphere and the best place to spend your leisure hours...D Ganguly
Centrally located, so very convenient place to meetup... S Batra
Staff and malis are quite helpful, making it easier for newcomers... H Chandra